11:30 - 12:30 Wednesday, September 8 (Plenary Room)
Dr. Jacqueline Hughes
International Crops Research Institute for the Semi-Arid Tropics
"Agricultural research paradigms to build resilient food systems"
Mr. Osamu Koyama
Japan International Research Center for Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS)
"Ten reasons why Asian crop science must be reinforced"
12:30-13:00 Wednesday, September 8 (Plenary Room)
WS-01 Meiwafosis Co., Ltd.
13:55 - 16:30 Wednesday, September 8 (Plenary Room)
Climate Change and Advancing Rice Production in Asia
Professor Dr. Jun-Ichi Sakagami
Faculty of Agriculture, Kagoshima University, Japan
Professor Dr. Apichart Vanavichit
Rice Science Center, Kasetsart University, Thailand
"Reduced Stomata Density and Size: The key to improve WUE in Climate-ready Rice"
Dr. Junhwan Kim
National Institute of Crop Science, RDA, Korea
"Maximizing Rice Production and Quality under Climate Change"
Dr. Toshihiro Hasegawa
National Institute for Agro-Environemtanl Sciences, Japan
"Global Climate Changes and Their Impacts on Crop Production"
Dr. Ming-Hwi Yao
Taiwan Agricultural Research Institute, Taiwan
"Challenge and Adaptation for Rice Production under Climate Change in Taiwan"
Assoc. Professor Dr. Nguyen Duy Can
College of Rural Development, CanTho University, Vietnam
"Farming Systems under Environmental Changes in the Mekong Delta of Vietnam"
Thursday, September 9 ＆ Friday, September 10 (Room1 – Room4)
- Oral Session
Thursday, September 9
＆ Friday, September 10
- Poster Session
Odd 12:15-13:00 / even 13:15-14:00
Thursday, September 9
1. Field Crop Production (Room 1)
- 1.1. 1Direct-seeded rice in Asia-Oceania region
- 1.2. Concepts, prospects, and potentiality of crop production in East Asia (sponsored by The Korean Society of Crop Science)
- 1.3. Current Issues on Tropical Crops (sponsored by the Japanese Society for Tropical Agriculture / The Society of Sago Palm Studies)
- 1.4. Legume Production in Asia
2. Farming System (Room 2)
- 2.1. Cropping System / Crop Rotation
- 2.2. Crop Production System
- 2.3. Crop Modeling: Recent Progress and Applications
- 2.4. Smart Farming (Remote Sensing, ITC) (sponsored by Asian Association of Agricultural Colleges and Universities (AAACU))
3. Abiotic Stress for Crop Production (Room 3)
- 3.1. Temperature Stress (sponsored by Japan International Research Center for
Agricultural Sciences (JIRCAS))
- 3.2. Drought Physiology
- 3.3. Salinity
- 3.4. O2 Deficiency, Submergence
4. Crop Genetics and Physiology (Room 4)
- 4.1. Genetic Improvement of Crop Yield
- 4.2. Assimilate Partitioning for Crop Productivity and Quality
- 4.3. High Quality Food and Ingredients
- 4.4. Root Genetics and Breeding (sponsored by the Japanese Society of Breeding)